Countdown to B-Day

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

What I am wishing for...



  • I want to not feel embarrassed and unworthy when my husband tells me I'm beautiful...I know my unhappiness upsets him.

  • I want to feel happy and excited when we are invited out instead of worrying how much fatter I am than the other wives and ending up in tears because I have nothing to wear...it spoils what should be a lovely occassion.

  • I want to stop being an observer and start being a participant... I will play on the swings with my five year old, shop and go to gym with my teenage daughter and swim and play footy with my teenage boys.

  • I will make love to my husband and not be thinking about how I look in this or that position:)

  • I want to put myself forward for promotion and not worry that the panel will refer to me as the fat female applicant...I am worthy. I want to catch up with dear friends that I have avoided because I don't want them to say "Hasn't she got fat?" when I leave...I know they love me anyway.

  • I want to wake up one morning and not think how wonderful my life would be if only I weren't overweight...I will see that day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sal, I know you will get there. In a years time you will look back at this list and tick them off.

I know too, that the mental things on the list are much harder than the physical.

Tina :o) said...

You can and will complete tour wish list. Stay strong and positive. You can do this with the support of your loved ones and friends by your side:O)

Cheers Tina.

Tina :o) said...

Not too much longer now...

June 30th will be here before you know it:O)
Take Care

Cheers Tina