Countdown to B-Day

Sunday, June 22, 2008

ONE WEEK TO GO!

Well, it's been a while since I posted. A time of waiting and busy life stuff but it is nearly here! I have been on optifast for a week and have lost 3.6 kilos which I am realy happy about. I hope they are gone FOREVER! I have a week on optifast to go and it is not pleasant. I am sick of coldshakes on a cold morning and the chocolate bar I bought yesterday took a lot of chewing to get down and tasted like licorice mud!
Yesterday i had to drive to Melbourne to drop of psychology exams in Coburg. I rang hubby at 3.22 to tell him I had arrived at car park, I signed the exams in at 3.25 and rang my hubby on the mobile at 3.28 to tell him my window had been smashed in and GPS taken. I had taken it and the cradle off the dash and put them in console of the car but the little shits had obviously watched me do that. ANNOYING! Police were lovely and suggested I ring RACV ( of which I am a member but have NEVER used the service) to see what they could do to temporarily fix window so I could drive home to Cobram in relative safety and comfort with my five year old. Initial woman on the phone at RACV was rude and abrasive. Said I should be calling my insurance company, that this number was for roadside assistance, my car was driveable and I had not broken down. That is exactly what I require, I insisted- assistance at side of road. Scoffed at my reasoning, cut me off while I was speaking, eventually told me I could get temp window fitted for $80 but guy could be two hours away. Feeling shattered in an already vulnerable situation I said fine and got off phone. Hubby rang RACV, spoke to lovely woman and guy was there in five minutes and all apologetic. What's the deal? I should have a gruff voice, be six foot three and be built like a brick shithouse!
Anyhow, thought I would cheer myself up by getting optifast soup at chemist in Sydney Road as I have not been able to get the soup in Cobram or Shepp. They didn't have it either. Bad day yesterday all round.
Never mind. Today is a new day and it is just one week till my life changes forever. I am excited. Sure nerves will kick in soon but will breathe deeply and know this is the right thing for me. Watch out world here I come with confidence and sass!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Sal, time has just flown. I can't believe you are only a week away now. Congratulations on the 3.6 on Opti - what a great kickstart for you.

I'm really sorry that you found your window smashed and GPS taken - that stinks. You needed rudeness from the RACV like a hole in the head - I'm so glad hubby could get someone nice to help you.

Tina :o) said...

Congratulations on your weight loss so far on opti. Just remember those kgs are gone forever. This week will fly and you will be a bandit before you know it:O)
I'm so sorry for the low lifes who stole your things some people really have no morals. At least you are ok and you are now on your way to a new you.
Great to see you posting on your blog;O)Take care
Cheers Tina

Anonymous said...

Oh poo my comment went missing... try again...

What a crap day!

Good luck for the surgery next week. Great start on the opti.

All the best,
Em

Kathy said...

Hi Sal, just realised today is the day....hope it all went really well and you will soon be looking back and finding that you are losing weight by the truckload! Can't wait to hear how you are. Kathy

Kathy said...

Oh and yep just check and it's tomorrow but the wishes are just as sincere!!! :0)