Countdown to B-Day

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Three Weeks in and doing fine.

It is three weeks tomorrow since I have been banded and already my life has changed for the better- I have lost seven kilos, I am happy and optimistic about the future and I feel that I will conquer this problem for ever.
I went to Albury for a few days after my operation so that I could recuperate in peace as, because it was school holidays, lots of people were asking if I could come over for coffee or people were just popping around unannounced. My decision has been not to tell anyone because of the negative reaction I got when I mentioned I was thinking about it so popping in was going to be a problem. It was excellent and I came back feeling refreshed.
Apart from the very itchy healing wounds on the top half of my tummy, noone would know I had had anything done. It is obvious which of the five is my port site and it is still quite tender if I touch it. I swear I can feel my port under there. It is much higher than I thought it would be but this is good because clothing does not interfere with it.
My husband, who has always shown me he loves me no matter what size, is as pleased with the changes so far as I am. I think this is more about my happiness than it is about my size:)
With regards to food, I am just happy with less which is a big change for me so I hope that continues. I eat until I am satisfied (which happens quickly 1/4-1/2 cup) and feel kind of indigestion if I have another mouthful after that. I am due to have a fill in a little over a week but am not keen while the port site is so tender. I got a phone message on Friday saying I need to change my Friday 1st August appointment so I will try and make it a bit later.
Oh yeh...I love my band!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sal, that is great news to read. I'm so proud of you, and so pleased to see you so positive - you rock! What a great idea to head off for a break - sounds like it was the best way for you to recuperate and keep your privacy.

Í hear you on the tender port - I can still feel mine - I find that I unconsciously cradle it sometimes too - I'm sure that gets me some weird looks.

Melanie said...

Thanks for sharing this post - I'm being banded next thursday in Sydney and I've been madly reading everyone's blogs - they are so informative. It's good to hear someone so positive so soon afterwards. Cheers, melanie

Kathy said...

Hi Sal, amazing how some people react - I think it's fear really of the unknown. But you've made the step now and you can see it is a great thing to do. I've never been so happy and just knowing that it won't come back is the best feeling. Good luck with it all. Kathy

Anonymous said...

So pleased to have found your blog. i am booked for surgery in December- very keen to watch your progress, good luck!